The WordPress community has developed a large and growing collection of widgets that let you plug all sorts of things into your WordPress sidebar. From Instagram photos to your Twitter status, if there’s something you’d like to add to your blog sidebar, chances are there’s a widget to help you do it.
The list below are the default widgets that ship with WordPress.
- RSS feeds
- Custo menu
Adding Widget through the widget page
- Login to your admin dashboard.
- Go to Appearance => Widgets
- Search for the widgets you want to use and drag it unto the sidebar.
- Change the values or options and click save.
- Go back to your main page and view it.
Adding Widget using the Customizer
- Go to Appearance => Customizer
- Select Widget
- Select the sidebar you would want to add the widget
- Click Add Widget and click on the particular widget to add to the sidebar.
- Set your settings and click publish at the top.
The advantage with using the customizer is you get to see preview of your widgets and how it will appear on the page.
One important note: Your widgets may not be visible in the preview area on the right. If you don’t see the widget area you’re looking for, navigate to a post or page where the selected sidebar appears. Don’t worry; you can use the preview window to navigate around your site as if you were a normal user. Your settings remain available on the left while you navigate.If you like this tutorial please don't go without sharing and please drop you comments below let me know how helpful this tutorial has been to you.